In & Out Wedding Trends at The Belle: The Terrific 22's
Did you ring in the New Year with new bling?
The "terrible twos" is simply a cliché! How brilliant it is that TheKnot.com's 2022 data indicates 2.6 + million couples will throw a wedding this year. Trends come and go, and taking Covid into consideration, we've seen just about every one of them, new and old. With a little help from our friends on social media, it's easy to spot when they're overused and worse, outdated; as well as the trends that have stood the test of time! Whether your 2020 plans could use a revamp or you're a novice, we now (with some insight from Vogue) pronounce the IN's and OUT's to turn the "terrible" into the terrific 2022's:
1. Dress it up, down, and all around! Themes are encouraged and anything goes. Make it a costume party, a themed event, or encourage all guests to wear one color. Your attendees have been sporting their worst sweats on the couch, so it's time to wear your best dress for the dance floor!
2. Drag her down the aisle! Add an outrageous element of entertainment like drag queens, college mascots, or aerial performers. Have them arrive when least expected for an added surprise element.
3. It's more about the view from below when it comes to flowers. Hanging over-the-top florals are blooming upside-down this year to add eye-catching aura to the room. Fill the high ceiling space while adding space to your guest tables.
4. Invite Mom and Dad's distant family and friends. Host a rager! High guest counts are back and everyone's invited to party. Don't forget to ask your venue for pre-wedding accommodations for all those guests - they'll appreciate your thoughtful planning, and you'll appreciate an empty house.
5. Rehearsal dinners and post-wedding brunches have become staples in wedding planning, but it's the events sprinkled in between that have couples craving a weekend long celebration! Stretch your wedding weekend out with a grand welcome party, fun daytime activities like axe throwing or a cornhole tournament, and a final day of"detox to retox". As the most special day of your life, the celebration should feel endless!
1. Is there such a thing as Friend-Style Meals? Because Family-Style is out for the count. Say "hello" to your chef attendants at each station, or consider elegantly plated courses, served tableside.
2. So long to the looong (and multiple) inappropriate toasts. You'll still be sipping the same drink by the time the speeches are finished this year. Couples are saying less talk and more dance in 2022, so keep the salutations snappy!
3. A monogram will always be loved, but it's time to keep the monogrammed dance floor with the early 2000's trends. If branding your wedding is a must, look into a more artistic approach, and add some neon to your photobooth; an easy way for guests to remember this was YOUR wedding.
4. Only the bride should be all dressed in white. Break away from the predictable muted ivory, white colors and create a color scheme as vibrant as you feel to finally tie the knot.